Testing functionality using Raw Port
You can test the functionality of the printer and the print server by sending ZPL directly to the printers raw port.
- Assign the print server an IP address
- Verify connectivity to the address by issuing a ping
- Telnet to the raw port of the print server by issuing the following command
C:/telnet 10.3.50.110 9100
C represents the current working directory. It can be issued from any directory
10.3.50.110 represents the IP address of the print server. You will have to replace it with the IP
address of the print server you are troubleshooting.
9100 represents the print server's raw port. This is the default ort that can be changed but in a
vast majority of cases will not have changed.
- Once connected you will not see any form of a prompt. Send a
"~WC" ZPL command and see if the printer responds. (The
printer should respond with a configuration label)
- If the printer prints a label you will have
verified the printer and print server are properly functioning.
Notice: Zebra Technologies Corporation makes no representations about the suitability of this documentation for any purpose. It is
provided ``as is", for your information only, without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties
of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.