Head Latch Handle/Sensor Flag
The following procedure is used to correct the Head Latch
Handle and Sensor Flag position. Please observe proper static
precautions when access to the electronics compartment is
#2 Phillips Screw Driver
7/64 Hex Driver
1/16th Hex Driver
Note: The head open latch handle must be fully seated on
the head toggle shaft before performing this procedure. When
fully seated, there is minimal play in the toggle shaft which
helps prevent flag misalignment.
- Turn off the printer.
- Remove the four phillips screws securing the side panel cover.
Set the cover aside. (Removal of this panel exposes the Main
Logic Board as in Figure 2.)
- Locate the Head Open sensor (Figure 3.)
- With the Head Open Latch Handle in the closed position, check
the orientation of the Sensor Flag in relation to the Head
Sensor. (Figure3). It should enter the slot in the Head Sensor as
indicated in Figure 3 and 4.
- If Sensor Flag repositioning is required, loosen the fastener that secures the Sensor Flag. Reposition the sensor flag to
achieve proper operation.
- If the Sensor Flag does not properly enter the Head Sensor
slot, loosen and remount the Head Open Latch Handle until correct
operation is achieved.
- Reassemble and check for proper operation.