You can download firmware to the HC100 printer using either Serial, USB or a Internal 10/100 Print Server via ZebraNet Bridge. It is not recommended to use a Wireless Print Server.
You can also send the file to the printer from DOS via Serial, or Ethernet.
Note: The methods below can be used to send any type of file to the printers. i.e. formats, fonts, & graphics
1. Add the printer to the Group Management Window. Right click in the Group Management windows on a Group and select New - Printer:
2. Next select the port type:
3. Click next and select your port:
Note for local ports: If the port is in use by a device driver, it will not be listed in ZebraNet Bridge. You will need to put the device driver on a different port and then close and open ZebraNet Bridge.
4. Click on the Plus (+) next to the printer in the Group Management Window:
5. To download the firmware, drag the file from it location in Windows Explore and drop onto the desired printer in the Group Management Window. While the file is being transferred, you will see the printer's LED flashing. When the transfer is complete the printer's LED will turn solid GREEN. After the file download is complete right click on the printer in Bridge and select Refresh to confirm the correct firmware version or print a configuration label.
For Serial communications:
Null Modem cable connected from the PC Serial Com port to the printer serial port
Firmware, extracted (unzipped) in a known location on your PC.
Directions for uploading from the DOS environment:
- To send file through the parallel port, type:
COPY vXX_XX_X.ZPL LPT1
- To send the file though a com port, COM1 for example, you need to set the communications parameters on the port first, then copy the file:
MODE COM1 57600,N,8,1,p (for Hardware handshaking)
MODE COM1 57600,N,8,1,X (for Xon/Xoff)
COPY vXX_XX_X.ZPL COM1
Open your DOS session (command prompt) and change to the directory where you extracted the firmware.
At the prompt, type in lower case:
(where xx.xx.xx.xx is the IP address of the print server) (<enter> indicates pressing the Enter key do not type enter)
You will see:
No user name is required, press <enter>
You will see:
At the prompt type:
The firmware will be sent to the printer. While the file is being transferred, you will see the printer's LED flashing. When the transfer is complete and the firmware is upgraded you will see the LED turn solid GREEN.
When it is complete, at the prompt type:
The ftp program will close.
Print a configuration label to confirm the upgrade.
11/17/2011 10:27:12 AM
Notice: Zebra Technologies Corporation makes no representations about the suitability of this documentation for any purpose. It is provided "as is", for your information only, without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.